Mothers like to dress up their little princesses in Barbie dresses and frilly frocks. However, kids need to wear clothes that are comfortable rather than decorative as they need to spend a specific length of time at school. If the child sees the school as an extension of her home, then she would learn to relax and adjust to her new surroundings. Hence, her clothes must be practical rather than fancy. Of course practical could be pretty, but it need not be frilly. You must keep a tab on the following things and your child would be attire wise ready to go to kindergarten.
• The dress should be comfortable: Choose comfortable over fancy. This would allow your child to integrate and enjoy all the various activities. Your child could run about unhindered and without danger of accidentally having it caught in the playroom equipment. The fancy outfits could easily be worn for more special occasions.
• Pack an alternate set of dresses: Children are very liable to soil their dresses and dirty them. So, it would be handy to always have an alternate set of dresses ready for emergency.
• Dresses (especially pants) with elastic bands are great: Young children struggle with their toilet impulses. Hence, easy to manage clothes which open easily are good for these lovely tiny tots.
• Get body protective and season suitable clothes: Your child’s clothes should be body protective and season suitable. Inadequate clothing would make her uncomfortable. Besides, he would be unable to participate in any outdoor activity. Also, remember that if she needs to play in sun then she has covered dresses and hats to save her from the damaging rays of the sun.
• Prefer cotton dresses: Cotton dresses are most comfortable fabrics as they are stretchable and soft. They absorb sweat easily and are comfy in all seasons (save for rainy when they take hours to dry). They are breathable and keep your child relaxed in all sorts of activities. It is also a wonderful insulator keeping body warm in winter and cool in summer. It is hypoallergenic that rarely leaves behind any allergic reaction on a sensitive skin.
• Choose more colors: kids love bright colors and it makes them happy and energetic. Moreover, colorful dresses seem to hide any marks or stains on them. So, dress up your child in colorful dresses and see her energy level escalate.
• Get no-nonsense shoes: Shoes are an integral part of any attire and should be suitable to the feet. Shoes and socks are the ideal footwear for kindergarten going toddlers. However, since most kids haven’t mastered the art of tying their shoelaces, hence, it would be better to buy shoes which have Velcro-tabs or slip-on.
Our kids are our most valuable resources and hence, we must nurture our young ones with love, patience and tenderness. Hence, as a parent it is our responsibility to provide innumerable opportunities to our tiny tots so that they are able to tab on their strengths and grow up empowered, responsible, intelligent, independent and contented.